Monday, May 14, 2007

Doesn't Necessarily Bother Me...

I am mentiong this although it doesn't necessarily bother me. What do you do when you find out what you thought you understood about a person isn't exactly the case?

A couple of minor infractions, but misconceptions none the less. The first of which was a little over a year ago. Each year I bought a pair of 10-packs to go to the Mavericks games. I thought this was great as an avid Sports fan I was excited that there was a sporting event that my wife found entertaining as well. I didn't catch on to it from the constant mention that there was no point in watching the game until the 4th quarter. I would almost have to agree with that, particularly as it pertains to the NBA.

Then the following year, I called to review the games we should go to in the upcoming season, and to my surprise the repsonse was I don't care, I don't really like going anyhow. Huh??? So I am thinking what's wrong with the Mavs? At this time they had several seasons of 50+ wins, played tough into the 2nd round of the playoffs in the previous season, and had Avery Johnson as their new coach. This was an exciting team to watch. So I am like, what's the deal with the lack of interest? Her response, I was just going to the games because you liked it...... What?? Next time please, feel free to tell me you don't want to go before I spend the $500.

So no big deal, didn't necessarily bother me. The next time was a little more interesting. If you have seen my profile one of my favorite singers is Kenny Latimore. We have every CD he has made, including the duet albums with Chante Moore. We have seen him in concert twice, we even got married to his song "For You," needless to say I am a big fan.

So what makes a better Christmas gift than to buy the greatest hits and sneak it in the wife's CD player for the next time she hops in the ride. Set at the perfect volume, on the perfect song. So a few days later, no mention of the CD, so I ask what do you think of the Kenny Latimore CD? The response I don't know I don't really like his music??

OK, I am starting to see a disturbing trend. I am continually uncovering pleasures that I thought we shared, only to find out I was projecting my own desires on her. Makes me wonder what else it is that I love, that she could just assume do without....

Doesn't necessarily bother me, just thought I would write a blog about it?

1 comment:

B. Holcomb said...

My dude...I feel you. In an effort to spend more time w/ us, wives will "pretend" to like the same isht we do... Which I recently had to shut down with "Baby, if you don't really like it...don't worry about it."

Later,

b