Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How 2 Know Right from Wrong

Proverbial wisdom says if you have to ask if something is right or wrong, it is most likely wrong, but here is a very simple formula that asks 4 questions:

1) Is it helpful spiritually, physically, and mentally?

Everything is permissible for me, but not everything is beneficial.

2) Does it bring me under its power?

Everything is permissible for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.

3) Does it hurt others?

If what I eat causes my Brother to fall into sin, I will never eat again. I will not cause him to fall.

4) Does it glorify God?

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Very simple, but powerful in developing conviction. These questions are searching, but they must be asked if we are to pursue an ethical way of life.

No comments: