Friday, August 31, 2007

The That Just Ain't Right: Man-Law

I recently had the chance to attend the wedding of a long-time friend. At the wedding one of the other groomsmen just really seemed to be the life of the party if you know what I mean...

At the reception, my wife comes up to me and says to me you didn't tell me this man's ex-roommate was gay. Now let me explain to you my wife has a Gay-dar that is not available in stores, and probably illegal in most states (well at least in California and Massachusetts). I told her that I just met the man last night for the first time. As you can imagine that still didn't satisfy her as an answer to what to her seemed obvious.

So although I was pretty well convinced, why did the man have to put the icing on the cake. After coming off the dance floor from doing the god-awful Electric Slide he turns to me and asks. "Who is that guy over there that you have been talking to all night?" I was really speechless for a moment. In my entire life I don't think a man has ever asked me that before about another man.

So I was like, "Oh that's Big Baby we all used to work together. He is one of the guys that came up with me from Dallas." He got a little twinkle in his eye, and said, "OK, well I think I am going to go introduce myself to that brother." I tried to call out to him I didn't think that would be a good idea, but he was gone...

So after that experience I have to declare a MAN-LAW, "A guy should never ask another guy, who is that guy over there that you were talking to?"

No comments: