Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Hard out Here for a Coupon

This past weekend I went to the dry cleaners and wanted to stop in at Wal-mart right next to it. It just so happens I have 3 Wal-mart stores in about a 3.5 mile radius of my home and with this location being off a major freeway I felt it was a little "hood". So I drove 4 miles up the street to the one in a "more affluent" area (yes I know saying affluent and Wal-mart is an oxymoron).

So as I am shopping I have a bunch of coupons I am using to buy groceries. I have them in my cart, and as I get the item I put the coupon in my pocket. Nearing the end of my shopping list, I stepped away from my shopping cart and back-tracked to get an item that I forgot. When I returned to my shopping cart my coupons were gone. Natural assumption is that they fell out of the cart somewhere. So I begin to re-trace my steps and look for the missing coupons. After a few minutes I realize the coupons somehow fell out of the cart, but my shopping list had not moved? Then I looked at the cart and realized there really wasn't anyway that a coupon could have fell out.

SOMEBODY STOLE MY DAMN COUPONS!!! I came out of my way to come to the NICE Wal-mart and somebody stole my coupons. It is real out here in these streets folks, you have to treat these coupons like REAL $$$. Fortunately, I had most of my coupons in my pocket, one was actually for $5 off. I am not sure what would have happened if they had got that one...

No comments: