Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Better Left Unsaid

So I am hanging out with some friends a few nights ago, and one of my friends brought a new fish to our hangout spot. She was really nice and fit right in with the group. So after we had been there a couple of hours, they are both like we have to go. Mind you this is a guy we generally have to drag home when it is time to go.

We were not even certain that they had come together, but they definitely left together. We were like OK, he got a new girl and they had some business they needed to go and take care of…..


Well it turns out, this was really like a first “not so much a” date for them. They had just recently met. So just being messy (and a hater) I sent him a text to see what he was doing…

His text back to me said that he had just dropped her off, and she was already sending him a text telling him what a great time she had. Which sounds pretty cool, but he did not actually think so. He was tripping on the fact that she really did not let on that she had a good time until that point. He could not understand why she seemed to have a problem expressing herself when they were face to face. I asked if he had expressed himself? Of course he had not…. I reminded him that it was his first “not really a” date, and that his impression really is unwarranted. I told him they will be a little more comfortable next time.

He just could not seem to get over why they could not have expressed themselves then, why did they need to wait? I was like it depends on what you mean by express yourselves!!! To be honest that is kinda what we all thought you were doing when ya’ll left so abruptly. I told him he was being e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y impatient.. But he explained to me it was not about being impatient, what bothered him is that she wanted to express herself with him, but did not feel comfortable doing it in person; she waited until they were apart.

Well I said maybe she was not quite as comfortable as you think. I think she intended to communicate precisely the way she did. Her communication was more appropriate at a distance based on her intentions. I told him things went really well, and he was tripping over nothing. It would almost have been better if what she had to say would have been unsaid!!

No comments: