Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little misleading……

I just wanted to bring something to your attention as you may have read articles or heard news reports about the ratings audience for McCain’s acceptance speech and the overall ratings for the RNC being equal to or greater than Obama’s acceptance speech and the DNC.

There are a few facts here that can’t be addressed from a ratings report:

1) The Obama Campaign pushed supporters to host watching parties. So in many cases the average viewer per household would have been much greater for the DNC as I had 12 people at my house to watch his speech. The Precinct Chair in my area attended a watch party at a local restaurant which he reports had 50 people in attendance. This took place all over the country!

2) Take a straw poll of the people around you of conservatives, liberals, moderates or whatever they may call themselves. As I spoke with my friends that are Obama supporters about 80% say they watched the speeches of McCain and Palin. When I talked to people that generally support McCain barely 10% state that they have watched Obama or any parts of the DNC.

3) Lastly, pretty much everybody remotely interested in politics tuned into see Palin’s speech. Everybody is trying to figure out who in the world she is? Unfortunately she spent her speech offering very little personal insight and chose to launch into personal attacks against Obama, and establishing herself as a Pit Bull with lipstick. So most people woke up Thursday with the same questions…..

Call me a biased Obama supporter, but don’t take my word for it ask around for yourself!!!

No comments: