Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Case for Obama, Part V

This is the last of these installments that will reference Clinton, unless she becomes the VP, which I am not in favor, but not selecting her will probably be one of the toughest sells Obama has ever made. We will call this one.

What would you say then?

As an Obama Supporter I am often asked would you be pushing for Obama to drop out of the race if the shoe was on the other foot? I laugh because I have never said that, I am being asked this purely because they see me wearing an Obama button or the one on my bag.

My response, I don't have to ponder that question because he is W-I-N-N-I-N-G!!

Since I realize that we are overall part of the same team, I add I think Hillary is entitled to continue her pursuit of the nomination. She has been a more than formidable opponent. I am still shocked that she is losing, as she was the front runner not just for the Democratic nomination but as President just a few months ago. Everybody else seems to get the blame, but to lose that much support you had to play a big part in your own demise. I believe the Democratic Primary is the Heavyweight battle, either of these candidates should be able to beat McCain. I believe that is why she is fighting so hard, if she could somehow get this nomination in hand she would almost assuredly be President.

The interesting answer to your question is.... that Clinoton is the only candidate that would be able to do what she has done. For most candidates once they got behind and started seeing significant decline in campaign donations they would have been forced to drop out of the race. Except for maybe Ross Perot there is no one else arrogant enough or that has enough discretionary cash to drop $11M into their campaign that is already $23M in debt, while their opponent has raised almost twice as much cash.

In other words, no other candidate would need to be asked to drop out!!!

I am getting reports that Obama and Clinton will speak tonight. Setting the path forward for the campaigns, so I may do one more installment that references Clinton. Barack Obama the ClintonSlayer.......

No comments: