Thursday, June 19, 2008

They Need to Quit




As I read the Dallas Morning News I see this image with the following story. I laugh in my mind about all of the Black people that want to call themselves Republicans, and I then look up the website for this company Republican Market.com and saw these:





At this point I become a bit enraged. Hopefully by now you know me well enough to know that my rage is not directed at a bunch of ignorant rednecks. My rage is with the Dallas Morning News. I am disappointed that a newspaper that calls themselves an endorser of Senator Obama desires to fan the flame of Black-White hatred. I have absolutely no problem with them covering the "black house" button, but is there a reason they did not cover the button that is misogynistic, or the one that would offend Hispanics, or the one that makes fun of fat people, or the one that basically says anyone that does not vote Republican is not a true American?????

Instead of trying to continue this unrelenting banter about racism towards Blacks, lets take a look at all of the issues that illustrate the type of attitudes in the Republican party that show lack of respect for Women, Blacks, Hispanics, and basically anyone that has a differing opinion.

As we have heard over an over again about the 18 million people that voted for Senator Clinton I would think they would take issue with the dozens of buttons slamming her, or maybe this large group of women voters would have issue seeing a woman with a strong personality being labeled as a "B". Or maybe the 51% of Americans that did not vote Republican may take issue with being told they are not REAL Americans.

I am just disappointed with the Dallas Morning News, Obama's message has been to actually dig into the root of the issue, not just to try to find the best sound bite to incite some emotion.

No comments: